}

Monday, July 2, 2012

Beat the Heat

It was 99 degrees today.  We've had a lot of 90+ days since we got here.  I find the best time to go outside is 8:30 or 9:00 pm, when I (and sometimes Tim) get outside to take a walk.  Sometimes it's still a balmy 88 degrees, but at least the sun's not beating down on you.

We live a few blocks from the Mississippi River, so I usually head that direction.




You can barely see the Mississippi because it's way down in a big gully.  It's such a big river, even way up north.  The headwaters are in northern Minnesota.

Lots of benches line the gully.  You can sit and look at the overgrown plant life and get attacked by mosquitoes.  (Almost all of the viewing benches look at bushes.  I think it's funny.)



I find that if you don't stand still for more than about five seconds, you don't get bug bites.

Lamp posts light the river boulevard


It's a very pretty neighborhood.  Sometimes one even finds unexpected inspiration.

Life is 2 short 2 care about alternate realities

Amen, brother.  I think.  I have no idea what you mean but I'm just trying to be supportive.


P.S.  If anyone knows why some of my text is ending up with a white background and how to stop that, please let me know.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I know you just got to town, but when you're settled down and have a weekend, head on up to Duluth. It's a fun town that is always nice and cool by the lake. There is some great hiking, biking, and other outdoors opportunities up there. Lots of state parks up the North Shore, and just nice scenery in general. It is a nice escape from the city.

    ReplyDelete